YLG Mentorship Program
ULI Tampa Bay is proud to announce the inaugural year of the Young Leaders Group (YLG) Mentorship Program.
Now Accepting Applications (Submit by March 7, 2018)
- Review the program guidelines
- Fill out the online application
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line should read as: “YLG Mentorship Application – First & Last Name”
Each mentor group consists of 4 to 6 YLG members with an interest or experience in similar product types or sectors. Each group is led by one mentor. Mentor groups are expected to meet for from March to December 2018, 6 to 8 times (minimum). Meetings can include: lessons learned from a mentor’s career, discussing career goals, case studies, social events, project tours, guest speakers, or anything else mutually agreed upon to further the relationship among the group.
Every applicant must be committed to the Mentor Program in order to create the type of atmosphere necessary for success. Attendance and participation in each meeting for a full year is expected.
Confidentiality is absolute, in all ways and forever. A breach in confidentiality will be treated as a resignation from the Mentor Program.
Mentees should have a clear idea of what they want to achieve through the Mentor Program, whether that be obtaining career advice or learning from their peers and mentor about specific issues in their sector. Each mentee must take responsibility for facilitating (help determine agendas, coordinate schedules, etc.) at least one meeting. This role is crucial to taking the scheduling work off of the mentor’s hands and keeping the group together.
- February 7 – Applications Available Online
- March 7 – Applications Due
- March 15 – Applicants notified of admission to the program
- March 23 – $50 participation fee due & doodle poll completed for scheduling first group meeting
- March 29 @ 5pm | Tampa – ULI Mentorship Program Kick-Off Reception (with all Mentor Groups)
- March to November – Small Group meetings
- December – Mentorship Program Closing Happy Hour Event (with all Mentor Groups)
- March 2019 – Kickoff Party for next year’s ULI Mentorship Program
Participation in the 2018 Mentor Program costs $50 for YLG members. $25 for student members (limited student spots available for each group).